Monday, June 28, 2010

Now is the Time on Sprockets When We Dance

While it may appear to the untrained eye that Catinlap (q.v. on flickr) is doing some sort of insane Highland jig, or (more amusingly) engaging in an out-of-doors unprotect fencing match with an unseen opponent, he is actually throwing a disc in the official opening of the 2010 disc golf season at Solitude Ski and Summer Resort (http://www.skisolitude.com/).

In the 2010 Season Opening Wilhelm Invitational former Wilhelm inmates Catinlap (pictured), The Croin, and yours truly (Theorris) took on the mighty course on opening day and utterly destroyed their self-esteem. I had a wicked 6 over par that absolutely destroyed my score. Cat and Croin did much better, but were far off their scores from last year. I predict, however, much better performance.

If thou art a disc golfer or would like to be one do thou shoot me an email anon if thou wisht to receive and invitation to the next Wilhelm Invitational. Don't worry--we pretty much invite anyone and pretty much no one has the balls to show up. That's right--I just insulted you people who dis the disc golf. What are you going to do about it? How about we have a throw down--er throw off!

As always, beer is optional, but highly recommended.

Given that I now live at the Fortress of Solitude, I think I shall simply name this season, the Season of Solitude.

Meh. I still prefer the Wilhelm Invitational.

No comments: